– AMES is founded in Barcelona (Spain), as the company Sociedad Civil Salvador Molins Caballé.
– Start of production of standard self-lubricating Selfoil® bearings.
– First production of bronze self-lubricated bearings by design.
– First production of bronze Bronfil® filters.
– The company changes the name to Aplicaciones de Metales Sinterizados, S.A. (AMES).
– First production line designed and built internally at AMES, consisting of compacting and sizing presses, sintering furnace, and oil impregnation.
– First production of structural mechanical components of steel.
– First production of special iron self-lubricated bearings by design.
– Start of operations of the ALME plant, located at Sant Vicenç dels Horts (Barcelona, Spain), for production of mechanical components.
– Start of application of finishing operations by machining in the manufacturing process of hydraulic components.
– Creation of the R&D Technical Centre at the ALME plant.
– Set-up of the first heat treatment furnace at the ALME plant, for manufacturing of high hardness and strength components.
– Development and first production of soft-magnetic parts at ALME plant.
– Development of the first continuous steam treatment furnace in Europe, designed and built in-house at AMES.
– Start of operations of the SIMO plant, located at Montblanc (Tarragona, Spain), for production of self-lubricating bearings and mechanical components.
– First production of stainless steel sintered filters.
– Development and first production of sintered stainless steel parts.
– Start of operations of the UTISA plant, located at Sant Feliue (Barcelona, Spain), for design and manufacturing of toolings.
– Establishment of AMES SINTERING CO sales office at Glenview, IL (USA). This office location was later moved to Ellicott City, MD, prior to its current location at AMES REESE plant in Lancaster, PA (USA).
– AMES becomes internationally acclaimed for their technical capacity to produce high complexity mechanical, hydraulic and magnetic components.
– Start of activities of the Quality Circles, considered the beginning of the Continous Improvement in AMES.
– Start of operations of the second building of the ALME plant.
– Earned Ford Q1 quality certification.
– Start of operations of the SIMET plant, located at Solsona (Lleida, Spain), for production of self-lubricating bearings, and sintered filters and porous elements.
– Opening of the AMES ITALIA sales office in Monza (Italia), moved in 2010 to its present location at Monte di Castello.
– Start of manufacturing of sinter-hardened steels at ALME plant.
– Start of activities of the R&D Centre for Bearings at SIMET plant.
– Earned quality certification ISO 9002.
– Development of material TriboPM®, suitable for mechanical and hydraulic components with high wear resistance.
– New headquarters at Sant Feliu de Llobregat (Barcelona, Spain), where management, sales, a Logistics Centre and UTISA are found.
– Opening of AMES BRASIL sales office in Sao Paulo (Brazil).
– Acquisition of the AMES-REESE plant in Lancaster, PA (USA), dedicated to production of mechanical components for the NAFTA market, including a Distribution Centre.
– Acquisition of AMES MONTERREY at Monterrey (Mexico), where a sales office and a Distribution Centre for Mexico are located.
– Opening of AMES SWITZERLAND sales office at Bubikon (Switzerland).
– Capacity increase of the SIMO plant in order to incorporate production lines for finishing operations of hydraulic components.
– Capacity increase of SIMET plant.
– Development of the SuperCoining® process, focused to improve the flatness and pre-load of shock absorber pistons and end cylinders.
– Obtained quality certification ISO/TS 19649.
– Development of the high density compacting process named AmesDens-C®, for production of components with high density and high geometric complexity.
– Development of materials Ames-IBC-S® and Ames-IBC-H®, used to produce iron self-lubricating bearings, with a friction coefficient lower than Fe-Cu-C.
– Earned environmental certification ISO 14001.
– First production of soft-magnetic components for high frequency of SMC materials.
– Development of bronze Ames-A4®, used to manufacture self-lubricating bearings with low noise and friction coefficient.
– Introduction of in-house design and construction CNC compacting presses for compaction of components with high geometrical complexity.
– Capacity increase of UTISA plant, in order to add new machinery for manufacturing tools of high precision and finishing quality.
– New capacity increase of SIMO plant, in order to locate a production line of large components, with compacting presses from 200Tm to 800 Tm.
– Development of material Ames-E47®, used for fuel pumps bearings, having high resistance to corrosion caused by fuels.
– Implementation of the Press-Hardening process at SIMO plant to manufacture large components with high hardness and accuracy requirements.
– Start of operations at AMES TAMARITE plant, Tamarite de Litera (Huesca, Spain), specialised in production of small gears, and high yearly volume components.
Fundación de la empresa en la ciudad de Barcelona (España), con el nombre de Sociedad Civil Salvador Molins Caballé.
– Segregation of the unit of machinery design and building, which is established as a new company, AMES CMA.
– Opening of AMES JAPAN technical office in Chiba (Japan).
– Development of material Simoloy-B®, of composition Fe-Mn-C, used for production of structural steel components with low material cost.
– Development of the Mirror Finish process, which achieves surfaces with very low roughness (up to mirror aspect).
– Development of a high density compacting process called AmesDens-A®, used for manufacturing of components with high density and high mechanical performance.
– Development of sintered stainless steels CIP filters, for filtration of liquids and gases at high pressure or high temperature
– Start of production of patented low-friction Ames-LFC® bearings.
– Opening of AMES NANJING Technical office in Nanjing (China).
– Start of operations at AMES HUNGARIA plant, located in Szentgotthárd (Hungary), for production of mechanical and hydraulic sintered components.
– Start of operations at AMES WUHU located in WuHu City (China), for production of mechanical and hydraulic sintered components.
– New capacity increase of SIMET production plant
– New capacity increase of AMES TAMARITE production plant