Filters and porous metallic components are sintered metallic parts with high porosity, between 35 and 80% in volume, typically made of Bronze 89/11 or Stainless Steel 316L.
Filters and porous metallic components have some particular characteristics: características particulares:
– The mean pore pitch is variable, from 2 µm to 210 µm.
– Their behaviour is very regular, because of the rigorous classification of the raw material particle size.
– They are depth filters, with thickness = 1.5 mm, i.e., the fluid is obliged to follow a winding patch in order to exit the filter, so its filtering efficiency is very high.
– They can work at high temperature and high pressure, without deformation.
– Their chemical resistance is good, specially if material is stainless steel.
– They are weldable and machinable, so they can be adapted to specific assemblies.
– Their robustness make its cleaning easy, so they are reusable..
AMES offers the following range of filters and sintered porous components:
\n– Filters and porous components of Bronze. They are made of spherical particles of Bronze 89/11. The mean pore pitch is variable from 8 µm up to 210 µm, and also its thickness. AMES offers two standard products inside this range:
– Standard Bronfil® Discs, of standard dimensions, with diameter from 4 to 28 mm, and length from 3 to 15 mm.
– Standard Bronfil® Silencers. of standard dimensions, with the thread integrated in the silencer.
– Filters and porous components of Stainless Steel.They are made of Stainless Steel 316L. They are manufactured by compacting stainless steel powder in a rigid tool under high pressure. They have high corrosion resistance, and they resist elevated working temperatures (up to 800ºC) The mean pore pitch is variable, from 2 µm up to 16 µm.
AMES also offers the Filters CIP. inside this range of product. They are cylindrical filters of small wall thickness and high length, made by isostatic compacting . They are used as cartridge filters for high flow. They work under the same requirement as a conventional stainless steel filter. The mean pore pitch is variable, from 2 µm up to 100 µm.
The elevated micrometric porosity of these components is useful for many applications:
– Filtration of fluids. Porosity is able to retain the solid particles contained in a liquid or gaseous fluid, and also to separate liquid and solid phases. The application sectors are: automotive, marine, aeronautical, rail, industrial machinery, household appliances, heating, water depuration, food industry, chemical and nuclear industry, packaging manufacturing, tobacco pipes and electronic cigarrettes, etc.
– Pressure drop. Porosity decreases the pressure of the fluid that circulates through it. Differents aplications are: pressure control in pneumatic and hydraulic circuits (compensators, drainers, regulators), noise absorption of gas piping (Silencers), pneumatic cylinders, sensors and manometers protection, gearboxes, etc.
– Flow control.. The isotropic and homogeneous porosity allows that a fluid that circulates through it have a constant flow at the exit of the porous part, specially when the flow is generated by capilarity. Typical applications are heat exchangers, medical gases, scuba diving, industrial gases, etc.
– Aeration. The air circulation through porosity results in a constant and controlled air flow at the exit of the porous component. The use sectors are: liquids regassing in food industry (liqueurs, wines, gas beverages), ionisation, gas burners, aquaria, clinical analysis, etc.
– Fluidisation. The air circulation through the porous component has as result that the exit flow is distributed with the same pressure in all points, allowing then the controlled handling of powdered products. This property is used for: transporting cement, flour, alumina, ashes, toner powder, etc.
– Antimoisture. Porosity is able to retain and condense the moisture contained in a gas that circules through it. Typical applications are: drying in general, electronic equipments protection, etc.
– Flame protection. Presence of a porous component before a flame avoids accidents in case of flame return. Typical applications are: gas burners, heaters, welding facilities, etc.
AMES offers its R&D department to customers, with the aim of generate specific solutions in shapes, materials, and performance of components where porosity is a highly appreciated factor from the technical point of view.
AMES may recommend the most appropiate material and design to meet your needs. Contact