AMES is founded in Barcelona (Spain), as the company Sociedad Civil Salvador Molins Caballé.
– Start of production of standard Selfoil® self-lubricating sintered bearings.
– First production of bronze self-lubricating sintered bearings by design.
– First production of bronze Bronfil® sintered filters.
– The company changes the name to Aplicaciones de Metales Sinterizados, S.A. (AMES).
– First production line designed and built internally at AMES, consisting of tooling, compacting and sizing presses, sintering furnace, and oil impregnation.
– First production of structural mechanical sintered components of steel.
– First production of iron self-lubricating sintered bearings by design.
– Start of operations of the ALME plant, located at Sant Vicenç dels Horts (Barcelona, Spain), for production of mechanical and hydraulic sintered components.
– Start of application of finishing operations by machining in the manufacturing process of hydraulic sintered components.
– Creation of the R&D Technical Centre at the ALME plant.
– Set-up of the first heat treatment furnace at the ALME plant, for manufacturing of high hardness and strength mechanical sintered components.
– Development and first production of soft-magnetic sintered parts at ALME plant.
– Development of the first continuous steam treatment furnace in Europe, designed and built in-house at AMES.
– Start of operations of the SIMO plant, located at Montblanc (Spain), for production of self-lubricating sintered bearings and mechanical sintered components.
– First production of stainless steel sintered filters.
– Development and first production of sintered stainless steel parts.
– Start of operations at the UTISA plant, located at Barcelona (Spain), for design and manufacturing of toolings used for production of sintered components.
– Establishment of AMES SINTERING CO sales office at Glenview, IL (USA). This office location was later moved to Ellicott City, MD, prior to its current location at AMES REESE plant in Lancaster, PA (USA).
– AMES becomes internationally acclaimed for their technical capacity to produce high complexity mechanical, hydraulic and magnetic sintered components.
– Start of activities of the Quality Circles, considered the beginning of the Continous Improvement in AMES.
– Start of operations of the second building of the ALME plant.
– Earned Ford Q1 quality certification.
– Start of operations of the SIMET plant, located at Solsona (Spain), for production of self-lubricating sintered bearings, and sintered filters and porous elements.
– Opening of the AMES ITALIA sales office in Monza (Italia), moved in 2010 to its present location at Monte di Castello.
– Start of manufacturing of sinter-hardened steels at ALME plant.
– Start of activities of the R&D Centre for Bearings at SIMET plant.
– Earned quality certification ISO 9002.
– Development of material TriboPM®, suitable for mechanical and hydraulic sintered components with high wear resistance.
– New headquarters at Sant Feliu de Llobregat (Barcelona, Spain), where management, sales, a Logistics Centre and UTISA are found.
– Opening of AMES BRASIL sales office in Sao Paulo (Brazil).
– Acquisition of the AMES-REESE plant in Lancaster, PA (USA), dedicated to production of mechanical sintered components for the NAFTA market, including a Distribution Centre.
– Acquisition of AMES MONTERREY at Monterrey (Mexico), where a sales office and a Distribution Centre for Mexico are located.
– Opening of AMES SWITZERLAND sales office at Bubikon (Switzerland).
– Capacity increase of the SIMO plant in order to incorporate production lines for finishing operations of hydraulic sintered components.
– Capacity increase of SIMET plant..
– Development of the SuperCoining® process, focused to improve the flatness and pre-load of shock absorber sintered pistons and end cylinders.
– Obtained quality certification ISO TS 19649.
– Development of the high density compacting process named AmesDens-C®, for production of sintered components with high density and high geometric complexity.
– Development of materials Ames-IBC-S® and Ames-IBC-H®, used to produce iron self-lubricating sintered bearings, with a friction coefficient lower than Fe-Cu-C.
– Earned environmental certification ISO 14001.
– First production of soft-magnetic sintered components for high frequency of SMC materials.
– Internal development of non-destructive testing (NDT) for sintered components inspection.
– Development of bronze Ames-A4®, used to manufacture self-lubricating sintered bearings with low noise and friction coefficient.
– Introduction of in-house design and construction CNC compacting presses for compaction of components with high geometrical complexity.
– Capacity increase of UTISA plant, in order to add new machinery for manufacturing tools of high precision and finishing quality.
– New capacity increase of SIMO plant, in order to locate a production line of large sintered components, with compacting presses from 200 Tm to 800 Tm.
– Development of material Ames-E47®, used for fuel pumps sintered bearings, having high resistance to corrosion caused by fuels.
-Implementation of the Press-Hardening process at SIMO plant for heat treatment of large sintered components with high hardness and accuracy requirements.
– Start of operations at AMES TAMARITE plant, located in Tamarite de Litera (Spain), specialised in production of small sintered gears, and high yearly volume sintered components.
– Development of the Ames-SSP® process, applied to sintered stainless steels, which allows to obtain austenitic stainless steels with corrosion resistance higher than 2000 h in salt mist spray chamber.
– Segregation of the unit of machinery design and building, which is established as a new company, AMES CMA.
– Opening of AMES JAPAN technical office in Chiba (Japan).
– Development of material Simoloy-B®, of composition Fe-Mn-C, used for production of structural sintered steel components with low material cost.
– Development of the Mirror Finish process, which achieves surfaces with very low roughness (up to mirror aspect).
– Development of a high density compacting process called AmesDens-A®, used for manufacturing of sintered components with high density and high mechanical performance.
– Development of sintered stainless steels candle filters, for filtration of liquids and gases at high pressure or high temperature.
– Development of low permeability bronze sintered filters, based on a special low-cost bronze powder developed in-house by AMES.
– Start of production of patented low-friction Ames-LFC® sintered bearings.
– Opening of AMES NANJING Technical office in Nanjing (China).
– Start of operations at AMES HUNGARIA plant, located in Szentgotthárd (Hungary), for production of mechanical and hydraulic sintered components.
– Start of operations at AMES WUHU located in WuHu City (China), for production of mechanical and hydraulic sintered components.